I recently helped a friend of mine improve her fashion. Being petite, she was always conscious of how tall she appeared and how it suited her size.
Not only did we go shopping together and help put together a whole new wardrobe, I thought it would be important to teach her how petite girls should shop and some quick styling tips to look your best.
I’ve decided to share these here with you, so some of our petite readers can also benefit from it.
Here is the top 10 tips…
- Avoid oversized handbags as to not overwhelm yourself
- Wear fitted and semi-fitted clothes for a better look
- Choose garments with vertical lines (princess seams also do the trick)
- Wear v-shaped or u-shaped necklines
- Avoid bulky garments to avoid looking broader
- Dress in a single colour
- Avoid wearing mini skirts
- Only use slim belts, not thick/wide ones
- Wear straight legged trousers or jeans
- Wear high heels for an instant height boost
There are also a number of style coaching videos online that I highly suggest you watch, aimed specifically at petite girls.
Petite Style Tips in Video
Petite Fashion Tips:: How To Casual Style ft Jen
This video is by the beautiful Evelina and Jen, they are sharing a few tips in this 6 minute long video, on how to dress stylish while casual.
PETITE FASHION TIPS: How to Dress for an Interview/Office
Evelina and Jen also have another great video on dressing for the office, once again aimed at petite girls:
I hope you have found this content useful. If you are petite reader then let me know, what is your biggest fashion difficulty? Maybe I can create a part 2 post on how to solve those difficulties.